Massage Your Way to Youthful Healthy Skin In 5 Minutes or Less!
Daily oil massage not only provides you with youthful nourished skin, it also helps to eliminate toxins in the body while promoting flexibility in joints, tissues, and muscles. It is a great self-care tool that goes beyond skin deep.
Before you begin your oil massage routine, it is important to pick an oil that you prefer and cure it. Once you cure it you can use it for multiple applications.
What oil should I use?
Organic sesame oil is my preferred oil as it absorbs easily and doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy. If you are not a fan of sesame oil no worries, organic coconut oil and organic olive oil are great substitutes for nourishing your skin and removing toxins. Keep in mind that olive oil is great however it is a thicker oil so if that is something you do not like then coconut oil would be a better choice for you.
How do I initially prepare my oil?
Anytime you are opening a new oil you want to “cure” it. This is a purification process that is easy to do in just a few simple steps and will last roughly 15-20 massage sessions.
- In a heat resistant pan add 1 liter of your choice oil.
- On low to medium heat place the pan on the burner.
- Stir the oil occasionally.
- When you hear the oil pop, take it off and let it cool before placing it back in its container. If you are unsure if it is ready to be removed add a small drop of water, if it sizzles it’s ready!
- Store at room temperature.
**Note, if your oil came in a plastic container be sure to wait until it is fully cooled, or if you have a clean sanitized heat resistant glass container hanging around you can put the cooled oil in it and cover it tightly.
Now it’s time for the fun part!
- Apply a small amount of oil in the palm of your hand and gently rub around to make sure the bottom of your hands have oil on them. For all sections of your body, you will do a soft, gentle, circular motion with your hands.
- Using the palm of your hands massage your scalp in a circular motion for a few moments then move to your face.
- Using your fingertips massage your face making sure to get under your eyes and the outer part of your ears. Avoid getting in your eyes.
- With the palm of your hands, massage the rest of your body making sure you go in a circular motion starting from your neck, moving down your shoulders, arms, chest, back, and so forth until you reach your feet.
- Finish with a foot massage and you are good to go!
With each section you are massaging you will only need to do it a few moments to enjoy the benefits. This can be done in 5 minutes or less!