Winter Skin Detox for That Summer Skin Glow!
Spring is right around the corner and then summer will be here before we know it. I'm not sure about you, but I know I am ready for the warmer weather... My skin, not so much! Our outer layer has taken a little more of a dry beating due to all the washing and sanitizing and colder weather, so now is the perfect time to start nourishing your epidermis!
Besides, getting ready for the summer can be a stressful task even during normal times. We ladies tend to think of swimsuits, tan lines, and clothes that show off our shoulders and legs.
A good way to help brighten, tighten and glow up our skin is through detoxing it. There are many ways to help get your skin ready for a beautiful summer, so we've made it simple and listed a few inexpensive and easy things you can start doing now!
- All well-being starts from the inside, so the first thing you can do to help cleanse your body, which will help detox your skin, is to clean up your diet. You can start by eating lots of fresh veggies, cut back on alcoholic beverages, and switch out sugary sweets for fresh fruits.
- Get the sleep you need! Sleep helps to repair damages and inflammation to the skin.
- Take warm to cooler showers. Now I know this one is tough, especially for those who live in much colder regions, but hear me out... Hot water strips our skin of its natural oils. Your body will get used to the drop in temp and your skin will thank you for it!
- Work up a sweat! Yep, getting your heart rate up and breaking a sweat helps your body to release toxins through your pores.
- Exfoliate one to two times a week. This will buff out dead skin cells and let your new skin glow! Remember to use an oil-based exfoliator. This will help moisturize your skin as you remove dead cells.
- Soak in salts. Salt baths are so damn delicious for your body! Taking a bath is relaxing on its own, but add salts and hot damn, you've got a healing party in the comfort of your own bathroom! These gritty little saviors not only help achy joints and muscles, but stimulates circulation, calms irritated skin, and... You guessed it... Detoxes!
- Reduce the number of products you use on your skin. More is not better when it comes to skincare. Less is best.
- I can't leave out the importance of moisturizing. Hydrated skin will heal better, look and feel smoother, more supple, and less wrinkled.
Tara Raj, CPC, ACC, CNWC